As a company focused on the long term, we aim to construct investments which take into account the environmental and social impact of our portfolios.
Our investment strategy reﬂects our conﬁdence in a sustainable future and our determination to make a positive contribution.
We are committed to incorporating environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into our investment decisions, which in turn help uncover risks and opportunities that could impact collateral, structure, and portfolio performance.
This commitment also enables us to gain insights into further risk management layers, building in an enhanced level of scrutiny on all investments.
As a responsible institution, we have a duty to act in the best long-term interests of our stakeholders and ESG issues should be factored in when evaluating the performance of our investment portfolios.
We are committed to:
- independently measure the environmental and social impact of any investment.
- to include sustainability criteria when selecting partners to include in our transactions.
- include climate risk disclosures associated with our portfolios, in line with Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures.
Our policy is overseen by our ESG committee. The committee is comprised of senior management, and members of our Board, Advisory Board and Investor Relations team.
The committee meets regularly to review our policy and processes, monitor progress towards our goals, and deliberate on how we can improve and implement these practices more effectively.
As part of our commitment to Responsible Investing, we align ourselves with associations and organisations who share our values and principles. We are a signatory of the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) and a member company of:
- the Institutional Investors Group on Climate Change;
- the UK Sustainable Investment and Finance Association;
- the United Nations Global Compact;
- the Alternative Credit Council; and
- the Alternative Investment Management Association.